During the holidays, the National Gallery of Canada is offering the chance to win a magical prize package that includes:
$1,000 travel credit from VIA Rail Canada
Experience the stunning scenery, exceptional service and relaxing ambience of train travel. Take your family and friends to any VIA destination across Canada.
National Gallery of Canada Gift Membership
You can choose a one-year family or duo membership. You’ll have unlimited access to exhibitions, activities and great memories.
$100 gift certificate redeemable at the Gallery’s Boutique
Treat yourself to an art-inspired gift or an exhibition memento.
Fill in your details for a chance to win. Only one entry per person. Contest starts at 12 pm EST on November 21, 2019 and ends at 8 pm EST on December 5, 2019. The winner of the grand prize will be selected by random draw on December 6, 2019.
Full Contest Rules (“the Rules”)
1. Eligibility. The “Win the Gift of Art and Travel” contest (the “Contest”) starts at 12:00 pm Eastern Time on November 21, 2019 and ends at 8:00 pm Eastern Time on December 5, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest is only open to residents of Canada who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time they submit their entries. To enter you can visit the National Gallery of Canada (the “Gallery”) contest site at www.gallery.ca/travel and complete the online Contest entry form. No purchase is required to enter the Contest. You can submit one (1) online Contest entry during the Contest Period using the electronic entry form provided on the Contest website. Multiple entries will not be allowed. To be valid, all entry forms must be received by the Gallery before 8:00 pm Eastern Time on December 5, 2019 (the “Contest Closing Time”). The Gallery is not responsible for late, lost, invalid, delayed, incomplete or misdirected entries. The Contest is not open to employees, representatives, or agents of the Gallery or the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above. For the purposes of the Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son, and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household. Contestants must meet all eligibility requirements at all times during the Contest Period, and, in the case of the winner, until such time as he or she is declared the winner and fulfilled all related obligations.
2. Selection of the Grand Prize Winner. On December 6, 2019 a random drawing will be conducted at 380 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 9N4 to select one (1) entry from among all eligible entries for the grand prize. The person selected in this draw will be contacted via the email address or phone number specified in his or her entry to complete the winner selection process and if successful to arrange for delivery of the grand prize. If the person selected in the draw does not respond within seven (7) days of the Gallery’s initial attempt to contact that person, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate person will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. The person selected in the draw will be required to state whether he or she wishes to receive the grand prize. If the person states that he or she does not wish to receive the grand prize then he or she will be disqualified and an alternate person will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. This process will continue until the Gallery can successfully contact a person whose entry has been drawn and who states that he or she wishes to receive the grand prize. The first person selected by the Gallery in accordance with the foregoing procedure will be declared the winner. The Gallery has the right to require proof of eligibility, in the form required by the Gallery. The winner will also be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, which will include a waiver and release. The odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
3. Entry Identity Disputes. If the identity of a contestant is disputed, the contestant will be deemed to be holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The holder of the e-mail address submitted to the Contest will be the person who the Internet service provider or other online organisation that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address considers to be the authorised account holder. In the case of a dispute, a contestant may be required to provide proof that he or she is the authorised account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
4. Prizes. There is one (1) grand prize available to be won in the Contest, consisting of the following items valued at approximately $1,220.00:
The Gallery will contact the winner to determine the most reasonable way to deliver the applicable prize. If courier, postal service or any other means than pick-up at the National Gallery of Canada is selected (“Third-Party Delivery Service”), the Gallery shall not be responsible for any failure by the Third-Party Delivery Service to deliver the prize or for any damage to the prize after it is given to the Third-Party Delivery Service. If the winner wishes to pick up a prize at the National Gallery of Canada then any such pick-up must be scheduled for between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays observed in Ottawa, Ontario). If the winner elects to pick up a prize at the National Gallery of Canada then the winner may be asked to present picture identification before being given the prize. If by reason of any error more prizes are awarded or claimed than the number set forth in these Rules, then all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the correct number of prizes. All prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as is and may not be substituted for another item or exchanged for cash, in full or in part, by the winner. The Gallery has the right to substitute for a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, provincial, or other taxes that may apply due to the receipt of a prize are the sole responsibility of the individual who receives that prize. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
5. Errors and other Circumstances. The Gallery and the Contest sponsors shall have no liability whatsoever for any situation in which its inability to act results from an event or situation beyond its control, including a strike, lockout or any other labour dispute at its location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to hold the Contest. The Gallery is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Rules, the selection and announcement of the winner, or the distribution of any prize.
6. Disqualification. The Gallery has the right to reject or cancel any and all entries, as determined in the Gallery’s sole discretion, that are incomplete or duplicative; that are false or deceptive; that violate any law or regulation; that transmit content that contains any viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; and/or that interfere with or disrupt the Contest or servers or networks connected to the Contest. The Gallery shall also be entitled to reject or cancel any entries submitted by anyone who violated the Rules.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, EACH CONTESTANT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RELEASES AND HOLDS THE GALLERY AND ALL CONTEST SPONSORS AND ALL OF THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF THE GALLERY AND ALL CONTEST SPONSORS (HEREINAFTER THE “CONTEST INDEMNITEES”), HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, ACTIONS OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTESTANT’S INVOLVEMENT IN THE CONTEST AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTESTANT’S SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION OR USE OF THE PRIZES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, AND ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, DISPARAGEMENT, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY. EVERY RIGHT, EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY, RELEASE, DEFENCE, IMMUNITY AND WAIVER OF WHATSOEVER NATURE APPLICABLE TO THE GALLERY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL ALSO BE AVAILABLE AND SHALL EXTEND TO BENEFIT AND TO PROTECT ALL SPONSORS AND THE GALLERY’S AND SUCH SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS AND FOR SUCH PURPOSES THE GALLERY IS OR SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE ACTING AS AGENT OR TRUSTEE ON BEHALF OF AND FOR THE BENEFIT OF SUCH PERSONS AND ENTITIES.
8. Malfunctions. The Contest Indemnitees are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, not responsible for (i) any entries lost due to technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to any malfunction, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in the operation of any computer, telecommunications, network or Internet hardware or software, or any unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmission facility, telephone, telecommunications or Internet service; (ii) any unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or Contest activities; (iii) any electronic or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the selection of the winner; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including, but not limited to a contestant’s computer hardware or software including, without limitation, any damage caused by any computer virus or worm, which may have been caused, directly or indirectly, by participation in the Contest, (v) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a contestant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest, (vi) any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, or (vii) any personal injury or other loss or damage that may be incurred by a contestant or anyone else as a result of the receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by the Gallery, including because of any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Gallery reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest in the Gallery’s discretion. The Gallery, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Contest website or who is otherwise in violation of the Rules. The Gallery reserves the right to modify the Rules as the Gallery deems necessary to conduct the Contest in a secure, fair and proper manner as intended by the Gallery. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE GALLERY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Governing Law. By submitting an entry to the Contest, you accept and agree to be bound by these Rules. All decisions of the Gallery with respect to any aspect of the Contest and these Rules, including, without limitation, the eligibility of entries and the winner are final and binding on all contestants. Except as provided below, the laws of the Province of Ontario, excluding its provisions on conflict of laws, shall govern this Contest and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Provincial and the Federal Courts in Ottawa, Ontario with respect to any matter arising hereunder or related hereto. These Rules state all of the terms and conditions governing the Contest.
11. Language Discrepancies. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Rules and any other disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest–related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form or any Contest-related advertising, the Rules shall prevail and control. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Rules, the English version shall prevail and control.