– still in 1955
in possession of the artist 
by 1957 – 1957/09/18
Galerie Nathan (Dr. Fritz Nathan, 1895–1972, and his son, Dr. Peter Nathan), Zürich, Switzerland 
National Gallery of Canada, purchased from Dr. Fritz Nathan and Dr. Peter Nathan 
 The work was included in an exhibition that toured France and Germany in 1955. The exhibition catalogue lists the painting as being owned by the artist [Wilhelm Boeck, Jaime Sabartés. “Picasso.” New York: H.N. Abrams 1955, p.466, no. 93 and biography, no. 168. “Picasso. Peintures 1900-1955.” Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris June–October 1955, no. 48. The exhibition was also shown in Hamburg, Munich and Cologne the following year. The German translation of the catalogue gives identical information].
 Discussions between the NGC and the Galerie Nathan about the purchase of the work started in May 1957. It officially entered the NGC collection on September 18,1957 [Accession records, NGC curatorial file].
 See note . Accession Log [NGC curatorial file].