Herbert Raine

The Pazzi Chapel, Florence

1901
The chapel designed by Filippo Brunelleschi for Andrea de Pazzi is a masterpiece of early Renaissance architecture. It was begun in 1443 and completed after the architect's death in 1446. The cylindrical cupola with its delicate lantern was added to the top of the chapel only in 1461.
Title
The Pazzi Chapel, Florence
Date
1901
Medium
Drawing
Materials
watercolour over graphite on wove paper, laid down on cardboard
Dimensions
47.2 x 28.1 cm
Nationality
Canadian
Credit line
Purchased 1993
Accession number
36952