1920 – 1949/08
Fernand Léger (1881–1955), Paris, France 
1949/08 – 1966
Galerie Louis Carré (Louis Carré, 1897–1977), Paris, France, purchased from Fernand Léger 
1966 – 1966/10
Anstalt für Alte und Moderne Kunst, Schaan, Liechtenstein 
National Gallery of Canada, purchased from Anstalt für Alte und Moderne Kunst through Louis Carré 
See note 
The painting wasincluded in an exhibition at the Galerie Louis Carré in 1948 [“Fernand Léger. Exposition rétrospective 1905-1948.” Galerie Louis Carré, Paris, June 11- July 11, 1948, cat. no.5]. According to Carré's grandson Patrick Bongers, his grandfather acquired the work directly from the artist in August 1949 and sold it to the Anstalt für Alte und Moderne Kunst in 1966 [email by Patrick Bongers, Galerie Louis Carré, Paris, to A. Kausch, NGC Provenance Research Project, Oct.28, 2008, NGC curatorial file].
 See note .
 The NGC purchased the painting from the Anstalt für Alte und Moderne Kunst through Louis Carré in October 1966 [Accession log, NGC curatorial file].