For Stoke Rochford Hall, in Lincolnshire, James Kerr-Lawson painted a series of murals of mostly Italian scenes. He later used ten of these scenes as the basis for his series of lithographs, The Italian Set, of which this image is one. Kerr-Lawson's (reversed) view situates us in the Piazzetta looking past the lion column towards the island and church of San Giorgio Maggiore. The church was founded in the 10th century and rebuilt by Andrea Palladio, beginning in 1566. The campanile, designed in imitation of the one in the Piazza San Marco, was built in 1791 to replace an earlier one that had collapsed.