David Young Cameron

Joannis Darius

1900
One of the characteristic palaces that lines the banks of the Grand Canal, the Palazzo Dario sits beside the Palazzo Barbaro, near the church of Santa Maria della Salute. It was built in 1487 by Pietro Lombardo for Giovanni Dario (Joannis Darius), a highly placed official in the Republic. The Palazzo has long been admired for the graceful decoration and rich colour of its façade.
Title
Joannis Darius
Date
1900
Medium
Print
Materials
etching and drypoint in brown on laid japan paper
Dimensions
32.5 x 19.5 cm; plate: 32.4 x 16.6 cm
Nationality
British
Credit line
Gift of the David Lemon Collection, Vancouver, 1989
Accession number
35365