Artissimo Studio. Have fun. Get messy.
Starts: 15 October
Join us at the Artissimo Studio, where families can have fun making art – and leave the mess behind! Each month features a new project to create and take home. Art projects are thematically linked to artworks on view at the National Gallery of Canada.
All materials are provided (smocks too!). Drop in and stay as long as you like. Free with Gallery admission. Ages 3 -12, adult supervision required. From 11 am to 4 pm in Studio 1. Open on Saturdays, Sundays, Statutory Holidays, Family Day and December and January Winter Break. Maximum of 55 participants at one time. More details
Artissimo Studio Activities for 2016–2017
15 October 2016 - 17 April 2017, Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 4 pm (exceptions)
October 2016 (Starts: 15 October)
Paint It (on) Black: Who needs white paper? Use chalk, paint and your imagination to create artworks that pop.
Zippy Mono Prints: Make colourful layered prints using paper, plastic bags and printmaking ink.
Air-Dry Clay Workshop: Get your hands dirty! Mould, roll and stamp a unique object to take home.
Watercolour Laboratory: A sprinkle of salt changes everything in this experimental painting workshop.
Hand-Painted Totes: Spend a “Crafternoon” with us and create unique hand-painted tote bags.
Clay Sculpture Creations: Bend it and shape it any way you want it!
April 2017 (Last day: 17 April)
Funtastic Wacky Painting: Bubbles, glue and paint? Join us as we mess about with wacky painting techniques.
Artissimo Studio: Visitor Info
- This program takes place in Studio 1, adjacent to the Water Court Foyer on the first floor. Floor plan
- This program is geared to children aged 3–12. Adult accompaniment is required, as activities are designed for children to complete successfully with adult support.
- New projects are offered each month.
- All materials are provided.
- Participants will be using wet studio materials. Smocks are provided, but are not guaranteed stain blockers. Clothes geared to messy play are recommended.
- The Artissimo Studio is a drop-in program with no time limit on participation. It can accommodate 55 individuals at any given time.
- The Artissimo Studio is included with Gallery admission. Always free for members.
- The program begins 15 October 2016, ends 17 April 2017
- 11 am – 4 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays
- Statutory Holidays and Family Day (when NGC is open)
- December and January Winter Break (not March Break)
- Program is not offered on Family Sunday event days
Check the calendar of events for additional details.