How do you Feel?: Grade K-3
- Paper and pencils for sketches
- 11" x 17" paper
- White tablecloths or sheets (cut into 11" x 17" pieces, one for each student)
- Red, black, blue, yellow and green felt (or other colours)
- Decorative cloth in a variety of colours, motifs and textures
- Crayons, coloured pencils, pastels or felt pens
- Laces, string or leather cord
- 8 cm x 12 cm paper (for labels)
- Pre-cut the 11? x 17? pieces of white cloth (these are suggested dimensions only). You can purchase the sheets or tablecloths at a second-hand store, as well as the decorative cloth, which the students can cut up for their collages.
- You can also prepare a short questionnaire to help your students decide on their favorite animal, food, recreational activity, sport, friend, colour, etc.
- Various magazines
- Some examples of school photographs (portraits, group photos)
- Camera (Polaroid, digital or 35 mm)
- Film for the camera if necessary
- Photography paper and printer if you use a digital camera
- Sheets of paper
- Collect the materials.
- Collect a variety of old and contemporary portraits, documentary photos, etc., to be used by the students as examples and for comparison purposes.
- Arrange a corner of your classroom as a photography studio and decide whether you want a neutral or a coloured background.