Teachers Lesson Plans
Who are you?: Grade 9-12
- Paper and pencils for sketches
- 11" x 17" paper
- White tablecloths or sheets (cut into 11" x 17" pieces, one for each student)
- Red, black, blue, yellow and green felt (or other colours)
- Decorative cloth in a variety of colours, motifs and textures
- Crayons, coloured pencils, pastels or felt pens
- Laces, string or leather cord
- 8 cm x 12 cm paper (for labels)
- Pre-cut the 11? x 17? pieces of white cloth (these are suggested dimensions only). You can purchase the sheets or tablecloths at a second-hand store, as well as the decorative cloth, which the students can cut up for their collages.
- You can also prepare a short questionnaire to help your students decide on their favorite animal, food, recreational activity, sport, friend, colour, etc.
- Cameras (35 mm, Polaroid or digital)
- Magazines, newspapers and other materials for the collage
- Glue sticks
- Bristol board or mats as supports for the collage and to create information labels
- Assemble the necessary materials ahead of time.
- Since the students will be working on the theme of identity, ask them to bring in their own magazines or other material that they can use in their collages.