Thursday 1 November at 6 pm
Official opening of the exhibition with the director, curators, dignitaries and special guests in the Great Hall. Open to everyone. Free admission.
Meet the Artists
Saturday 9 February at 1 pm
Painters Leslie Reid, Will Gorlitz, Simon Hughes, Michael Merrill, and Joanne Tod discuss their works in the exhibition Builders. Presentations will be 20-30 minutes each. In English with a bilingual question period. Included with Gallery admission.
Meet the Curator
Friday 9 November at 12:15 pm (in English)
Friday 23 November at 12:15 pm (in French)
With curator Jonathan Shaughnessy. Included with exhibition ticket.
“Build on it” mini talks
Weekends at 2 pm (in English), and at 2:30 pm (in French)
10-minute talks on a work in the exhibition. Included with Gallery admission.
- Benoit Aquin, From the series The Chinese “Dust Bowl”: 8 December, 6 January, 3 February
- Melanie Authier, Augury: 1 December, 30 December, 10 February
- Lynne Cohen, Untitled: 25 November, 29 December, 9 February
- Marcel Dzama, A Game of Chess: 17 November, 16 December, 19 January, 2 February
- Faye HeavyShield, Body of Land: 10 November, 9 December
- David Hoffos, Overpass: 18 November, 22 December, 20 January, 17 February
- Elisapee Ishulutaq, Nunagah (My Home Place): 11 November, 15 December, 13 January
- Brian Jungen, Star/Pointro: 24 November, 23 December, 16 February
- Jon Pylypchuk, Press a Weight Through Life and I Will Watch this Crush You: 2 December, 5 January, 18 February
Adult Art Tours
Tuesday 18 December at 1:30 pm (in French)
Friday 21 December at 1:30 pm (English)
Maximum 25 participants. Cost: 7$, plus Gallery admission. Group visits available upon request.
Stimulating the Senses Descriptive Tour
Thursday 29 November at 6 pm
Discover art through senses other than sight. Cost: $7 (Members $6). Bilingual. Space is limited. Registration required by 14 November at 613-998-8888.